API stands for Independant Parent’s Association.
The school Council is renewed annually (by parental vote) and plays an essential role in the education system and daily school life. Elected members of API seat in different school councils.
API provides a link between the parents and the school. The role includes:
– voting for the school rules
– approving school projects
– providing suggestions relating to the daily running of the school such as integration of disabled children, extra curricular activities, school meals, hygiene, pupil’s safety,
– communicating information with regard to the schools results.
Amongst other initiatives, API have succeeded in:
– adjusting school start and finish times
– improving safety of the school environment including manned pedestrian crossings, traffic calming measures,
– publishing school bulletins and creating a blog
– assisting in fundraising
– increasing the offer of languages taught in the schools